Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Week Three- Butter

Welcome Back.

Once again I have decided to torment my roommate in order to gauge a reaction. (Is this even human?).

THIS time, I decided to manipulate the butter. Yes, you read that right. Butter.

This roommate of mine randomly started leaving her butter out in bowl near the toaster. And often, I would take the butter and stick it in the freezer. It would take her a moment to find her butter when she needed it (and I may or may not have laughed internally watching her try to find it), but she would find it, say, "what the heck?" and attempt to butter her toast.

What was particularly interesting about this scenario is my roommate did confront me about it verses the last time (see previous post) when she didn't say anything. She finally asked us who kept putting her butter in the freezer, and I laughingly admitted to it.

This begs the question of why she chose to confront this issue, but not the other. Also, why is it important to confront an issue at all?

Psychology Today has an answer, "The most important reason is the deep psychological one: You matter, your opinions matter, and having a voice is worth a little discomfort for you and those around you."

So maybe she decided that the butter issue was important enough, and that she mattered enough to get to the bottom of freezer mystery.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-therapy/201406/how-confront

No comments:

Post a Comment